Terms and Conditions
Parchment (Oxford) Print
- COST VARIATION. Quotations are based on the current costs of production and are subject to amendment by us on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
- VALUE ADDED TAX. We shall be entitled to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the quotation or invoice.
- PRELIMINARY WORK. Work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer’s request will be charged.
- PROOFS. Author’s corrections, including alterations in style, and the cost of additional proofs necessitated by such corrections will be charged extra. Proofs of all work will be submitted for customer’s approval, and no responsibility will be accepted for any errors in them not corrected by him.
- DELIVERY AND PAYMENT. (a) Delivery of work shall be accepted when tendered and thereupon or on notification that the work has been completed
the ownership shall pass and payment shall become due.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed and necessitate overtime or other additional cost, an extra charge may be made. This will not be done without prior consent of the customer.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days we shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out and materials specially ordered.
- Late Payment. Payment is due 30 days from date of invoice. Monies owed in excess of 30 days shall be subject to 6% interest compounded monthly.
- VARIATIONS IN QUANTITY. Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but quotations are conditional upon margins of 5 per cent for work in one colour only and 10 per cent for other work being allowed for overs or shortage, the same to be charged or deducted.
- CLAIMS. Claims arising from damage, delay, or partial loss of goods in transit must be made in writing to us and the carrier so as to reach us within three days of delivery and claims for non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods. All other claims must be made to us within ten days of delivery.
- We shall not be liable for indirect loss or third party claims occasioned by delay in completing the work or for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit.
- Where work is defective for any reason, our liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect.
- STANDING MATTER.
- Metal, film, glass and other materials used by us in the production of type, plates, moulds, stereotypes, electrotypes, film-setting, negatives, positives, and the like shall remain our exclusive property, except where origination charges are paid by the Customer.
- Type may be distributed and lithographic, photogravure, or other work effaced immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, a small rent will be charged.
- CUSTOMER’S PROPERTY. Customer’s property and all property supplied by us by or on behalf of the customer will be held, worked on, and carried at customer’s risk.
- MATERIALS SUPPLIED BY CUSTOMER.
- We may reject any paper, plates, artwork or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to us to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged.
- Where materials are so supplied or specified, responsibility for defective work will not be accepted by us unless this is due to our failure to use reasonable skill and care.
- Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage.
- A handling charge will be made on material supplied by customer.
- GENERAL LIEN. Without prejudice to other remedies, we shall in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in our possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days’ notice to dispose of such goods or property as we think fit and to apply any proceeds towards such debts.
- ILLEGAL MATTER.
- We shall not be required to print any matter which in our opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature.
- We shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter printed for the customer or any infringement of copyright, patent or design.
- PERIODICAL PUBLICATIONS. A contract for the printing of periodical publications may not be terminated by either party unless written notice
is given as follows:
- Nature of Publication Length of Notice (given at any time)
- Fortnightly 13 weeks
- Two monthly 26 weeks
- FORCE MAJEURE. Every effort will be made to carry out the contract but its due performance is subject to cancellation by us or to such variation as we may find necessary as a result of inability to secure labour, materials or supplies or as a result of any Act of God, War, Strike, Lockout or other labour dispute, Fire, Flood, Drought, Legislation or other cause (whether of the foregoing class or not) beyond our control.
- LAW. These Conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England.
Please Note Particularly Paragraphs 1 and 4